New member from Texas

All new registered members please introduce yourself here. We love to know all about our new members.

New member from Texas

Postby mosinguy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:52 am

Greetings from the Dallas area:

For several years I have had a fascination with the Mosin-Nagant rifles, and started collecting them. I was so focused on them, I completely overlooked the world of Soviet handguns. I recently acquired, on a whim, a 1953 Romanian TTC, and am really enjoying it. It has been a challenge, as it had been arsenal-refurbished, and the trigger pull was insane, but after 500 dryfires on a snapcap, it is much improved. Some people call these ugly guns, but I have always been attracted to the profile of Eastern European handguns; my first 9mm was a CZ. Now I'm beginning to look longingly at the CZ-52 Tokarev. The next challenge will be explaining that to the wife. :roll:

SK
Viet Nam Veteran (25th Infantry, Cu Chi)
Collector of Soviet combat weapons
http://www.mckinneyfirearmstraining.com
mosinguy

Re: New member from Texas

Postby Garandman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:11 am

Welcome to the world of Tokarev pistols. . And the insanely high priced surplus ammo. You missed the great day s of cheap, 10¢ a round ammo. ( It was even cheaper by the case).
Too bad I was buying guns, and not ammo. Lots of Tokarev s and even a CZ 52, but not enough ammo to enjoy them all.
I posted a link in another post on how to lighten the trigger. But you found a fun way.
Like the cartridge? Maybe you'll like the pps 43-c..
Garandman
Sr.Member

Return to New Members Introduction