Single Stack Loader for Tokarev Magazines

General Discussion Forum.

Single Stack Loader for Tokarev Magazines

Postby jcornthw » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Was looking for a cheap but decent single stack loader for Tokarev magazines. Yes they are easy to load as it is, but I wanted to see if anyone had one. I use a double stack loader called a Super Thumb 3. About 7 or 8 bucks. It works for both my 45 and 9 mm double stack magazines. I just wanted the same thing in a single stack model. So, I ended up buying one of the single stack Super Thumb loaders, Model ST1. Was hopeful as the inside dimensions were close to what would be needed. When my new ST1 arrived I gave it a try. Too short for the magazine, but not by much. The width seemed perfect. Not being someone to give up easily I filed out about 1/16th of an inch of plastic from the inside of the short side (front) of the loader. This was about equal to the thickness of the upper part of the front of the loader. The base is a good 3/16ths of an inch thick and quickly tapers to a thinner wall on the top. I mention this as by removing just that thickness from the inner front wall was all it took. Now my ST1 Super Thumb works for the Tokarev magazine and makes loading those 8 rounds even easier. Only took about 5 minutes to file it out. Fits perfectly and works as well as the double stack version.
jcornthw

Return to General Forum