T-33 Differences

General Discussion Forum.

T-33 Differences

Postby razorarms » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out if there are any differences in size or anything else between T-33 guns. I am only talking about original T-33 7.62mm type guns. I know that there are Russian, Polish, Romanian and Chinese versions. Do they have any differences in internal parts or frame. I am trying to get replacement grips made for the T-33 gun and before I do that I just want to make sure that the grip will fit all T-33 models. So when you remove the grips, is the frame and opening all the same? If anyone has different models, could you check it for me.

Thanks a lot,

Dino
razorarms

Re: T-33 Differences

Postby Garandman » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:07 am

I've found that nearly all parts interchange. I've got a set of genuine Russian bakelite grips from WW UK on a Chinese t 54 frame. They were a little tight. But you want that. Nothing a light touch with an Emory board on the grips wouldn't fix if needed.
The Chinese frame is also utilizing a 1941 Russian slide, Chinese barrel,Yugoslavia m57 hammer pack trigger, slide catch, etc. It's a real Frankenstein.
Only thing to watch for is the yugo pistols have a slightly longer frame. So they need their own magazines. And the recoil spring is different. But you can substitute a Russian TT 33 assembly if needed. The yugo recoil spring assemblies are very expensive to replace.
Oh and the firing pin assy, and magazine catch are different on the yugo pistols as well.. But you weren't asking about them. I just tend to run on...
Garandman
Sr.Member

Return to General Forum