i have another M57 on the way...

General Discussion Forum.

i have another M57 on the way...

Postby Garandman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:35 pm

A guy posted on another forum. He was looking for projects Tokarevs, under 100 $. A dealer offered him an incomplete M57,for 55 $ +shipping. He declined.
That's when I stepped in. It's missing the hammer pack, I have one. And the recoil spring assy. I'm gonna try a Russian set instead.
I know this could be a money pit, but since it comes with one magazine (a 30 $ value in its self), I can lEt out the rest if I can't make her run. $100 for the barrel alone if it's decent.
I'm happy for the project. But I'm disappointed in myself for not finishing the last one. I still need an extractor on.
It's just not worth the postage for one 1 $ pin. I'll try and do a big, 30 -50 $ parts order and fix 3-4 guns at once...
Garandman
Sr.Member

Re: i have another M57 on the way...

Postby Garandman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 pm

I got the m57 Friday the 13 th. Not a bad sign. The barrel is excellent. The finish on the frame and slide is wore, but not overly so.. the frame and slide match the barrels doesn't. He included the captive guide rod. Which was unexpected. Tho the tip is missing. I plan on trying the original Soviet setup before trying to find a Serbian one.
A previous owner must not have known how to put a Tokarev together as the inside of the frame is "buggered". The frame won't take the barrel in the slide. But will drop in from the top on its own. A few minutes with a file, and it should all go together fine. I'm not touching the barrel , it's fine. I can get 100 $ easy if I decided to part it out. I was buying it for the magazine and whatever parts I could use anyway. So I'm either gonna have one more working pistol. Or150 bucks in my pocket. Win win.
Will keep you posted on my progress. Pics to follow later.
Garandman
Sr.Member

Re: i have another M57 on the way...

Postby dancitizen » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm looking forward to how this progresses.
dancitizen

Return to General Forum