TT33 slotted

Talk about your Tokarev pistols or rifles.

TT33 slotted

Postby Kurt_Wolf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 am

Hello to all! My name is Alex, I am from Ukraine.
Here is some Tokarev pistols that are in my own and own of my friends.

First one - training and slotted pistol, in Russian ''учебно-разрезной''. This means that the pistol used for study the device and it's operating principle. Probably he had previously belonged to one of the Soviet military academies.

загрузить картинку в интернет
Kurt_Wolf

Re: TT33 slotted

Postby Kurt_Wolf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 am

Kurt_Wolf

Postby Kurt_Wolf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:10 am

Second one, now in collection of my friend - Tokarev TT33 with slogan - "Death to the German occupiers!"(Смерть немецким оккупантам!)
And the sign in the form of a flag with the letters KIM - these letters refer Communist Youth International.(Коммунистический Интернационал Молодежи)
This pistol was awarded an unknown Russian commander during World War II.
The slogan was widely known and applied to tanks and planes the best fighters. This gun - a historical relic. Unfortunately it is deactivated, you can see a word MAKET - this means it is DEWAT.

загрузить картинку на сайт
Kurt_Wolf

Postby Kurt_Wolf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:24 am

And third one, too interesting, in chrome. It has no year and number where we used to see them on this gun.
But it has the number 1943 in another places you can see. This is not the year of issue. Because all the details of the gun has many hallmarks of the Tula Arms Factory. Which ended production of TT33 in 1941. Sure, we could assume that this military production, which has a special series.
But quality and the technical hallmarks of Soviet military acceptance indicate that the gun was manufactured until 1941. This gun was owned as premium by high-ranking officer, as a reward in Great Patriotic war 1941-1945.
But the primary original bakelite grips with presentation plate were lost. These are not from this pistol, they are later. And I don't know his name. Instead, I put the wood grips.
1943 is a special number of accounting premium guns in the Soviet system of keeping such documents. Unfortunately, this gun is also deactivated. This is evidenced by the designation of ММГ - letters from reduced макет массо-габаритный,is DEWAT.

хостинг изображений
Last edited by Kurt_Wolf on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt_Wolf

Postby Kurt_Wolf » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:25 am

Kurt_Wolf

Postby Garandman » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:54 am

Welcome to the forum.
Great pics. A few years ago a number of Polish Tokarev "trainers" for teaching armourers about the workings came on the market. But your great detailed pics are the first Russian example I've ever seen.

The inscribed Tokarev is cool. I didn't see a date on it. What years, approximately did they us the wood grips ?
The chromed one is interesting as well. How are the 2nd & 3rd pistols dewated? I'm guessing it's not as simple as putting in a new barrel.
I'd like to get a set of those wood grips for one of my Tokarevs. I built one from parts from China, Russia, and the former Yugoslavia.
I have a good friend in Kiev. I'd like to get over there one year...
Garandman
Sr.Member

Postby art » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Kurt,

Cool photos - thanks for sharing! I wonder if it is legal to own a gun in Ukraine? Considering there is a war there, I'd assume the government would allow to buy and own guns?
Tell us how you got the Tokarev pistols.

Garandman - the wood grip photo shows the year 1949 I believe.
art

Postby Garandman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:56 am

art wrote:Kurt,

Cool photos - thanks for sharing! I wonder if it is legal to own a gun in Ukraine? Considering there is a war there, I'd assume the government would allow to buy and own guns?
Tell us how you got the Tokarev pistols.

Garandman - the wood grip photo shows the year 1949 I believe.

I read they are trying to loosen the rules on civilian gun ownership.
As to the date being 1949, it can't be. The slide serrations are pre 1946. And it is a WW II presentation piece. Wood grips were used in 1942, generally. I just wanted to see if they matched to the year.
On a side note, on my get list is a pair or red bakelite grips only used for one year during the war. Way cool looking . And kinda rare...
It's a real shame they can't own these as shooters.
I have a 1941 dated slide from a guy in Canada. I bought lots of parts off him. The billing is great. I don't think the gun it came from was used much.. That's the one I need the extractor pin for.
Garandman
Sr.Member

Postby routeus1 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:37 am

Welcome!
Thank you for your excellent photographs. History in each variation of TT. First cut-away TT, I have seen, all nice.
routeus1
Sr.Member

Return to Your Tokarev