Tokarev Speedloader

Talk about your Tokarev pistols or rifles.

Tokarev Speedloader

Postby Slick » Fri May 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Loading Tokarev pistol magazines the old fashioned way gets old pretty quick – so I think a lot of Tokarev owners are going to really like my little discovery..

I use an “Up-Lula” loader for most all of my magazines and love the thing. It fits pretty much all my magazines but unfortunately the “tongue-piece” that presses the bullet downwards it too wide to fit Tokarev magazines. I stopped by the local Sportsman’s Whorehouse to look at the SKS magazine loaders. These loaders come blister-carded for display and the magazines they fit are listed on the back of the package. Alas – no love for the Tokarev. The good news is that it was raining like the dickens outside so the store was pretty much empty AND, there was one of each model of loader that had been already opened and out of the package. Since I was being left alone, I had the additional liberty of messing with the loaders and removing parts…

SKS makes a model 943 speed loader that is adjustable for height and has the proper width for .380 acp & 9mm single-stack magazines. The Tokarev magazine is too long (front to back) to slide into the loader, but I found that prying the legs apart and removing the plastic bit at the front of the loader permits the magazine to fit in.

The small piece of plastic (to the lower left) is the piece of plastic that I removed from the loader. Sorry about the poor photo quality but I had to screw with the brightness to get the all black loader and magazine to show up.

When you use the loader, you will have to wrap your fingers around the magazine and loader – but that’s how you’re supposed to hold it anyhow. You simply use your thumb to press the bullets down and drop the next one in the mag. When you let up, you push the bullet the rest of the way into the magazine as normal..

So there it is guys – the SKS model 943 speed loader ($10.99 or so) easily modified to work with the Tokarev. You can also slip the plastic bit back in to load magazines that it was intended for. No more sore thumb for me..
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”.
Slick

Re: Tokarev Speedloader

Postby art » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:21 pm

What happened to the photos? Could you attached them here? Thx!
art

Postby Slick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Sorry 'bout that... Moderator told me there has been a problem with the system that make my post sit, and await moderator approval to post (with him not know it was there. I'm a new guy and it makes sense to "auto-administer" a forum that not getting the traffic of ARF-com. Since I thought the post didn't fly, I'de deleted the photos to make space in my free account.

Anyways, I think you'll like how this loader works.
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”.
Slick

Postby Slick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Should work now? They'd been knocked-off in an earlier cleanup pass to make space.
Slick

Postby Slick » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 am

***note to staff***

I seem to be able to post normally.

Thanks!

Slick
Slick

Postby routeus1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:47 am

...photos please?
routeus1
Sr.Member

Postby Hoosiers34 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:22 pm

routeus1 wrote:...photos please?

Like the man said, just gently pry apart the sides on an HKS 943 loader and remove the little cross-bar piece (which goes across the front of a magazine). Adjust the slide for the height of the magazine. Firmly hold the loader and magazine together with your left hand while inserting cartridges with your right hand. Works slicker than cow slobbers! ;)
Hoosiers34

Postby mosinguy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:24 am

I realize this is a very old post, but I have a Uplula speed-loader for 9mm and above, and it works fine on my Romanian Tok.

SK
Viet Nam Veteran (25th Infantry, Cu Chi)
Collector of Soviet combat weapons
http://www.mckinneyfirearmstraining.com
mosinguy

Postby routeus1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:30 am

Nice to know, thanks...
routeus1
Sr.Member

Return to Your Tokarev