new mfgr Zastava M57A

Talk about your Tokarev pistols or rifles.

new mfgr Zastava M57A

Postby commisar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:23 pm

hey folks -
I've enjoyed the amateur gun-smithing time needed to fine-tune [ Dremel felt fobs with Brownells White 555 polish ] and Glock-style trigger replacements from Numrich on my M57 Yugos, Romanian Cugirs and Polish Radoms from Classic Firearms. All of the pistols now fire with smooth trigger pulls and rough edges removed from magazine followers.

Only concern was the lack of a modern safety for a pancake holster carry and safe handling in general.

I was able to recently find a NIB Zastava M57 A model 7.62 x 25 on GunBroker for less than $400.
The pistol was made in 2014 and I'm the 1st owner. Quality finish and workmanship are superb, and the slide-mounted modern safety has
a hammer and firing pin block for peace of mind carry. The trigger pull is crisp letoff at 8 pounds with no creep, drag or frame scrapes.

My other Tokarevs hang on the wall display and go to the range often: the M57A is next to the bed as a home defense piece.
commisar

Re: new mfgr Zastava M57A

Postby BeoBill » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Congratulations on the new member of your firearm family! It would be interesting to get a report of your impressions of "new" vs. "old."
BeoBill

Return to Your Tokarev