New guy

All new registered members please introduce yourself here. We love to know all about our new members.

New guy

Postby davetheslave » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 am

New guy, I am a new guy here from Georgia. Recently purchased a Zastava M70A. I am really happy with my purchase just have a couple issues to straighten out. This is a neat little gun, and I like to tinker with mechanical things, so this is probably the perfect gun for me. Already saw a write up on how to remove the safety on the slide. I was curious about that, and wondered how that worked.
davetheslave

Re: New guy

Postby davetheslave » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:38 am

I think the internet is a great place to get information already found this and tapped my extractor pin down by tapping it on the side of my chopping block in my kitchen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOGujPMu5ZA
davetheslave

Re: New guy

Postby Garandman » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Welcome new guy. Dave, I gotta agree the Tokarev design is a great platform to play with. There's nothing you can't learn to do yourself.
I like my tt 9, and m57. I won't be taking apart the slide mounted safety anytime soon, I learned my lesson on the m57. I lost he little "hat" on the firing pin 3 to.we.. luckily I found it four times. It took three people to get it back together.
But we learned.
A neat trick I saw on YouTube was to use a large Ziploc bag. Put the whole thing in there and you are less likely to lose small springs in the carpet.
Garandman
Sr.Member

Return to New Members Introduction