Another Texan

All new registered members please introduce yourself here. We love to know all about our new members.

Another Texan

Postby grandpa1466 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:17 am

Glad I found this group. I recently found a brand new Zastava M70A (yes, I know, 9mm) at a price I couldn't turn down on my way home from a gun show. It is currently with my gunsmith getting a trigger job, because I have so much arthritis in my right hand, and anything more than a 5 lb. trigger pull is just painful. When I got the gun the trigger was so stiff I kept checking to see if the safety was still engaged, and after a couple dozen rounds my hand was shaking so much, I couldn't tell if my reloads were any good or not. I do like the feel and weight of the pistol; I just think when the trigger is better, I will love the gun.
grandpa1466

Re: Another Texan

Postby Garandman » Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 am

Welcome. Glad to meet you. There is a post here with a link to lightening the trigger pull. Your gunsmith might find useful. And it's a cheap fix if it's screwed up . :-)
I'm a big fan of the Tokarev. Have several, including a TT 9 , the civilian version of the M70A from 1989.
Nice pistol, well made, and easier to take apart and reassemble than a regular Tokarev.
Don't lose your magazines. They are near impossible to get. I've been waiting for years for them to offer extras.
Garandman
Sr.Member

Postby grandpa1466 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:27 pm

Thanks. I took the article to my gunsmith and just got the gun back. He took it to a 5 lb. pull. Shoots sweet now and comfortable to my ailing trigger finger.
grandpa1466

Postby Garandman » Sat May 24, 2014 3:18 am

Glad to hear it. Now if the ammo supply would exceed demand, and prices would drop back down.
Garandman
Sr.Member

Return to New Members Introduction