I'm a New Member!!!

All new registered members please introduce yourself here. We love to know all about our new members.

I'm a New Member!!!

Postby jcornthw » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 am

Hello all. I normally shoot and carry an Israeli made 45. I'm interested in WW II firearms and have a German and an American officers side arm. Checked into what the Russian fooicers carried and found the TT-33. I like it's looks. Really! Maybe that's just me. So I found and bought a 1953 Romanian Tokarev off of fun broker in nearly new condition. The WW II aged guns were 5 times as much so I went cheap and bought a 10 year newer version of the same gun. It's Romanian so it was likely made in a Russian factory. Close enough.

Took it to the range a couple of times. Loved it so much I bought another '53 Romanian from the same place a month later. It too was in nearly new condition! These guns just shoot great. Both of mine came with an original leather holster, a cleaning rod, and one original magazine. A local gun shop stocks Tokarev mags and ammo so I've added four more magazines and have 3 to keep with each gun. Hard to beat at $18 a mag! All the guys at the store have a Tokarev and use them as their daily carry or car/truck gun. I've now shot 150 rounds through one of them. Love the muzzle flash! Must say I think these are just about perfect. No failures, no problems, no complaints, easy to maintain.

Hope to watch the forum and learn about maintaining and carrying. I'm also a member of the Walther forum having a WW II P38 I bought before the market for these went crazy. Can't beat an all steel gun that has proven itself under the worst conditions imaginable.

Good Day All !!!
jcornthw

Re: I'm a New Member!!!

Postby Eugen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 pm

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your recent acquisition. :D

I have had my 1938 Russian TT33 for about a year and love it. Like you have experienced, I find they are a hoot to shoot. Field stripping is easy and these TTs are built like tanks. I later added an FEG 1958 Tokagypt 9mm clone and that is basically identical except in 9mm. Just be mindful that these are not great CCW due to the hammer/firing pin design and questionable safeties. There is not a lot of traffic on the forum, but post away and be patient for a reply. Enjoy!
Eugen

Postby Gnarl50 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:53 am

Welcome! I've got three now and have been reloading for them with a wide variety of components; finally got settled in on my favorite combination and tweaked the guns to just the way I like 'em. The pistol is my preferred trail gun/CC piece now as well; can't beat the slim design.
Gnarl50

Postby BeoBill » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm trying out various reloads also, but I haven't settled on one yet. Care to share your recipe?
BeoBill

Postby routeus1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Welcome aboard! Good to hear from a local and the interest in the Tokarev pistol...
routeus1
Sr.Member

Return to New Members Introduction